Join the European XFEL
European XFEL is an international non-profit company located in the Hamburg area in Germany. It operates a 3.4 km-long X-ray laser, which produces X-rays of unique quality for studies in physics, chemistry, the life sciences, materials research and other disciplines. The diverse scientific facilities at European XFEL enable scientists from across the globe to carry out a wide range of experimental techniques.
For our Data Department we are looking for a
Group Leader for the Controls Group
- Lead the Controls Group, including responsibility for hiring, time management and group budget
- Provide oversight and coordination of staff working on the development and integration of control systems for use by both facility staff and users
- Collect requirements, oversee the design of software architecture, specification of interfaces, and the development and testing of the software within the respective teams within the Controls Group
- Together with Data Department Head define the goals, priorities and deployment scheduling of the control system of European XFEL
- Masters Degree in Physics, Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Significant experience in the use and development of real-time control systems
- Significant experience in developing software tools for synchrotron or FEL based experiments
- Significant experience concerning the operation of FEL based experiments and instruments
- Leadership experience
- Strong networking skills
For additional information, please contact Steve Aplin (email@example.com) .
Working place will be Schenefeld in the Hamburg metropolitan area. General information on working in Germany, the Hamburg area and the European XFEL can be found under www.xfel.eu/careers.
Become part of a vibrant international and multi-cultural team of scientists, engineers, technical and administrative staff. Be involved in cutting edge scientific and technical progress, participate in our international networks, and shape your life upon trust based flexible working times and telecommuting options. Experience our atmosphere of tolerance and respect.
Salary and benefits are similar to those of public service organizations in Germany. In addition European XFEL provides a non-contributory company pension scheme, broad relocation benefits, as well as subsidized job-tickets and meals at our company restaurant. The European XFEL GmbH intends to achieve a widely international staff. Company language is English, non-German candidates hired from abroad receive an international allowance.
This appointment is permanent.
03 August 2021
Please apply online and provide a cover letter next to your CV in English, a list of publications and references in one single pdf-file.
Applicants with disabilities will be given preference over other equally qualified applicants The European XFEL GmbH is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.
To apply for this job please visit www.xfel.eu.