Lunds universitet, MAX IV, RF
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and 7 600 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
The core of the MAX IV facility are three sources of synchrotron radiation: a 3 GeV electron storage rings that provides utrahigh brightness X rays, a 1.5 GeV ring providing soft X rays and UV radiation and a 3 GeV linear accelerator that serves as an injector to the two storage rings and also generates electron bunches that drive the production of ultra-short X ray pulses.
MAX IV is a pioneer in a number of developments in accelerator physics and engineering and hosts, in particular, the first ultralow emittance storage ring based on a multi-bend achromat, a design which is currently being followed by many other laboratories worldwide.
A number of high power radio-frequency (RF) systems both in S-Band (pulsed) and UHF (CW) frequency ranges are crucial to the MAX IV accelerators. Even though already functional, these RF systems still need to be expanded and improved to cope with growing needs of synchrotron radiation users as well as the need to deliver high reliability operation. In addition to being responsible for the RF systems, the MAX IV RF group also has responsibility for maintaining and improving electron beam diagnostics and feedback systems, such as beam position monitors and the fast bunch-by-bunch feedback system.
We are now looking for an RF Group manager/Research Engineer.
The Group manager will lead and develop the Radio-frequency (RF) group at MAX IV in order to:
- Deliver high reliability RF systems and RF-based diagnostics and feedback systems for the accelerators.
- Further develop, propose and implement improvements and upgrades to RF systems and RF-baseddiagnostics and feedback systems for the accelerators.
- A PhD or equivalent experience in RF engineering or related technical area
- Several years of experience with particle accelerator RF systems
- Excellent communication skills, ability to lead and develop people
- Good command of both written and spoken English
- Experience with Q/A and testing is advantageous
- Experience with project management is advantageous
- Experience in leading groups is advantageous
This will be a permanent position as Research Engineer with a renewable 3 year assignment as RF Group manager.
Probational period may apply.
We use assessment tools in our recruitments.
|Type of employment||Permanent position|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||As per agreement|
|Number of positions||1|
|Working hours||100 %|
|Last application date||02.Jul.2019 11:59 PM CET|
To apply for this job please visit lu.varbi.com.