Website esrfsynchrotron The European Synchrotron (ESRF)
- Job title: Head of Software Group
- Ref.: 23-17-P-ISDD-SOFT
- Contract type: Permanent contract
- Salary range: 42 K€ minimum
CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
Your mission is focused on the management of the Software Group, a team of ~40 engineers and technicians, organised into three specialised units, in charge of the development and maintenance of software solutions in the areas of control, data acquisition and data analysis for the ESRF’s particle accelerator complex and experimental stations (beamlines).
You will be responsible for:
- Organising and overseeing the daily operation of the group and coordinating efficient resource allocation (both human and financial)
- Devising and implementing a multi-annual strategy for software developments at ESRF
- Promoting ESRF activities in software development through participation in international collaborations, conferences and publications
In particular, your main tasks will include the following:
- Resource management: project assignment, recruitment, skills development and training plans
- Interaction with internal and external partners to identify future needs for scientific instrumentation
- Project management: define requirements, perform functional and details analysis, coordinate complex projects and review reports. Contribute technical expertise
- Budget management: Review financial information, coordinate calls for tender, plan and oversee investments, provide regular progress reports
- Stimulate technical exchanges within the group, promote constructive exchange and drive collective key objectives
- Investigate and foster collaborative opportunities for ESRF and transfer of technology/ knowledge
- You should hold a higher university degree (Master or equivalent diploma offering 300 ECTS) in computer science or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a project and people management role
- Experience in software design, object programming paradigms in Java and C++ language
- This managerial position requires excellent communication and leadership skills, diplomacy, decision-making, self-confidence and an ability to take initiative and provide imaginative guidance
- Keen understanding of relevant technological markets on a global scale
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
The salary will be calculated on the basis of relevant qualifications and professional experience.
Do you recognize yourself in this description? Apply now for your next professional adventure!
What we offer:
- Join an innovative international research institute, with a workforce from 38 different countries
- Collaborate with global experts to advance science and address societal challenges
- Come and live in a vibrant city, in the heart of the Alps, and Europe’s Green Capital 2022
- Enjoy a workplace designed to support your quality of life
- Benefit from our competitive compensation and allowances package, including financial support for your relocation to Grenoble
For further information on employment terms and conditions, please refer to https://www.esrf.fr/home/Jobs/what-we-offer.html
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from disabled persons.
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 21 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.