Reference No.: FG 2017/17
The Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie (HZB) operates BESSY II, one of the most modern synchrotron light sources from the UV- to the soft X-ray frequency range, and is engaged in fundamental research on future accelerator technologies. High power RF transmitters in the UHF-, L- and S-band are used to provide energy to the electron beam. High precision amplitude and phase loops are needed for stable conditions during the acceleration process.
The project bERLinPro is a test facility for a high current low emittance linear accelerator, based on the energy recovery principle. The project BESSY VSR is a novel scheme to vary the bunch length in the BESSY II storage ring using superconducting cavity technologies.
To support our team, we are currently looking for an expert in the following field:
- Development, construction, operation and maintenance of RF plants on existing and future electron storage rings
- Specification and test of RF components
- Analysis of malfunction using RF measurement technology
- Support of the accelerators operation crew in all RF specific problems
The employment will be unlimited.
- Pleasure in electronics and the handling of modern measurement technology
- BA degree (or Dipl.-Ing. FH) in communications engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge and practical experience in radio frequency technology, analogue and digital power electronics as well as automation technology
- Ability to self-reliant and independent work
- Sound written and spoken German and English language skills
What we offer
The employment contract is unlimited . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to apply
Have we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 31.03.2018.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://recruitingapp-5181.de.umantis.com/Vacancies/684/Description/2?lang=eng →