The ESRF, the European Synchrotron, is an international science facility based in Grenoble, France. Thanks to its high-level, innovative engineering and cutting-edge vision, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research institutions worldwide, welcoming more than 6 500 scientists every year in fields such as biology, medicine, chemistry, earth and environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials and surface science, and physics. The ESRF is supported by 22 countries and employs 650 staff.
Within the Human Resources Service and under the supervision of the Head of the Service, you are responsible for the activities of the Careers & Organisation Unit which deals with recruitment, onboarding, training, internal mobility, work organisation, evaluation, management support.
Your main areas of responsibility are the following:
- Coordination of the activities and projects of the Careers & Organisation Unit
- Management of the Careers & Organisation team (8 people)
- Harmonisation and formalisation of HR processes
- Development of HR internal communication
- Promotion of collaborative practices within the organisation
- Support to and interaction with managers along with the HR Officers
- Participation in various HR projects and activities
PROFILE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Higher university degree (Master, MSc, DESS, Diplom, Diploma, Ingenieria Superior, Licenciatura, Laurea or equivalent)
- 10 to 15 years of professional experience in the Human Resources field, including work in an international environment.
- Significant management experience (management of activities, project management and people’s management)
- Familiar with Quality Management Systems – knowledge of quality standards would be a plus
- Leadership, structure, result-orientation and communication skills
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF) and knowledge of French
The annual gross salary will be within the range 45 – 60 k€ and additional allowances may apply.
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
If you are interested in this position, please apply by 01/06/2018.