What will you do?
In this role you will report to the Executive Director of Administration and will support the Center for Bright Beams (CBB) and Cornell High Energy Synchrotron Source (CHESS), creating and maintaining long-term relationships with all external organizations involved.
Primary responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Advise and work closely with the Directors of CBB and CHESS on all matters relating to external strategic partnerships
- Advise and work closely with CLASSE leadership complementing the academic strength of these Cornell faculty members from the perspective of strategic engagement with the world
- Build and maintain channels of 2-way exchange of information with partner industries
- Cultivate and manage a continuous pipeline of industrial partners interested in utilizing CBB technologies
- Build supply-chain and/or connections to potential collaborators
- In coordination with CLASSE Director of Communications and Marketing, deliver value-added content, information and intellectual property through use of web media, publications, brochures, presentations
- Maintain accurate representation of the CBB and CHESS’s research to which outside industry partners may seek to connect, which includes sensitivity to IP protected discoveries
- Build and maintain a working knowledge of CBB and CHESS’s research activities in order to best represent the body of work to external audiences
- This position requires frequent travel
What is required?
Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering with 3 to 5 years of experience working at the interface between university and industry or equivalent combination. Experience in a Research and Development organization. Business writing skills and effective communication, leadership, and teamwork skills are essential. Capable of adapting to the changing needs of a research environment. Able to receive directions and to communicate effectively across all research groups in the department. Work effectively and cooperatively within a team environment.
What is desired?
Preferred, but not required: PhD or Master’s degree in physics, or science/engineering with strong outreach and business familiarity.
Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position.
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University’s heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. Cornell University is an innovative Ivy League university and a great place to work. Our inclusive community of scholars, students, and staff impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose, and contribute creative ideas to further the university’s mission of teaching, discovery, and engagement.
To apply for this job please visit cornell.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.