European XFEL is an international non-profit company located in the Hamburg area in Germany. It operates a 3.4 km long X-ray laser, which produces X-rays of unique quality for studies in physics, chemistry, the life sciences, materials research and other disciplines. The diverse scientific facilities at European XFEL enable scientists from across the globe to carry out a wide range of experimental techniques. User operation started in September 2017.
For the Spectroscopy and Coherent Scattering instrument, operating in the soft X-ray range (SASE3), we are looking for an
Instrument Scientist (f/m/d) for x-ray microscopy
- research in ultrafast X-ray microscopy based on coherent diffraction and/or small-angle x-ray scattering in the soft x-ray region
- support and/or R&D for SCS optical laser delivery and diagnostics
- support and advise of SCS instrument users in preparing and running their experiments
- actively take part in the in-house research of the group and develop own research program
- interact in international collaborations and user consortia
- PhD degree in physics, chemistry, or equivalent
- scientific interest in a broad portfolio of research
- motivation for developing a research program on time-resolved x-ray microscopy
- experience in x-ray microscopy based on coherent diffraction imaging and/or small-angle x-ray scattering in the soft x-ray region
- experience with performing experiments at synchrotrons, free-electron-laser, or other large-scale facilities
- experience in simulation and data analysis with knowledge of C, C++ or Python
- excellent communication skills in English and the ability to work in a multi-lingual, multi-disciplinary team
For additional information, please contact Dr. Andreas Scherz (email@example.com) .
Working place will be Schenefeld in the Hamburg metropolitan area. General information on working in Germany, the Hamburg area and the European XFEL can be found under www.xfel.eu/careers.
Salary and benefits are similar to those of public service organizations in Germany. In addition European XFEL provides a non-contributory company pension scheme, as well as broad relocation benefits. The European XFEL GmbH intends to achieve a widely international staff. Non-German candidates hired from abroad receive an international allowance.
English is the working language, knowledge of German is an asset.
Reference number: S-343
This appointment is initially limited to 3 years with the possibility to be extended by 2 years.
26 January 2021
Please apply online and provide a cover letter next to a CV in English, as well as your work certificates in one single pdf-file.
Applicants with disabilities will be given preference over other equally qualified applicants The European XFEL GmbH is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.
To apply for this job please visit 122.rexx-server.com.