CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
ID02 is a high resolution X-ray scattering instrument featuring a 34 m long detector tube combined with state-of-the-art detectors. Together with the beamline scientists, you will participate in the development of sample environments specific to the instrument. In particular, the travel restrictions related to the pandemic has necessitated further automation of sample environments in order to enable a larger number of remote experiments. Your main tasks will be automation and integration of these devices to the beamline data acquisition system. You will contribute to both hardware adaption and software development. In addition, you will actively participate in the commissioning of these instruments together with other beamline staff.
Your missions are the following:
- Hardware modernization of sample environments
- Software development and integration into the data acquisition system
- Participation in the commissioning of the sample environments
- Documentation and writing of user manual
- Higher university degree (Master, MSc, DESS, Diplom, Diploma, Ingenieria Superior, Licenciatura, Laurea or equivalent) in Information Technology
- 1 to 2 years of professional experience
- Good knowledge of computer interfacing of equipment
- Good programming skills (C/C++, Python, etc.)
- Good technical skills in assembling, installation and troubleshooting of instruments.
- Basic knowledge of Solid Works for the design of mechanical components of the devices
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.