Join the ESRF, the European Synchrotron!
The ESRF, the European Synchrotron, is an international science facility based in Grenoble, France. Thanks to its high-level, innovative engineering and cutting-edge vision, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research institutions worldwide, welcoming more than 6 500 scientists every year in fields such as biology, medicine, chemistry, earth and environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials and surface science, and physics. The ESRF is supported by 22 countries and employs 650 staff.
In a new laboratory dedicated to the assembly of high-precision instruments and equipped with cutting-edge technologies, you will work within a team of 3 people.
You will be in charge of:
- The full assembly tasks for complete mechanical systems, from the analysis of the CAD drawings, the metrology of components, the assembly to the test reports
- The preparation, tests and stock management of standard ESRF components (e.g. motorised mechanical systems)
- The participation in the running of two self-service machining workshops
These tasks include the analysis of 2D and 3D drawings, precision assembly works, testing (metrology, cryogenics, vacuum, motion tests), starting up of motors using their associated control systems, and writing assembly and test reports. Some of the tasks need to be performed in a clean room environment.
PROFILE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You should hold a vocational qualification or technical degree in mechanics or a related discipline
- 2 to 8 years of relevant professional experience
- Strong ability to analyse mechanical drawings
- Knowledge in technology and metrology
- Complementary knowledge in vacuum, motor control and machining would be an asset
- Autonomy, method and rigour, including in writing documentation
- Ability to communicate in English (working language at the ESRF) or in French
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed. The annual gross salary will be within the range 21– 31 k€ and additional allowances may apply.
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
If you are interested in this position, please apply by 23/09/2018.
To apply for this job please visit www.esrf.eu.