CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
You will be part of the technical support team which helps to maintain and improve the functionality of the Structural Biology group experimental stations for Macromolecular Crystallography, Small Angle X-ray Scattering and Cryo-Electron Microscopy as well as support laboratories.
The ESRF Structural Biology group beamlines and other experimental stations are equipped with instrumentation ranging from very high precision diffractometers, robotic sample changers and high speed detectors to a state of the art cryo-electron microscope. Proper maintenance of these components and their ancillary cryogenic equipment is crucial in order to sustain the high reliability and thoughput of the group’s end-stations, as is the periodic installation and testing of new equipment.
As a Beamline Technician, you will:
- Carry out preventative and corrective maintenance on experimental stations and on their sample environments in order to ensure reliable operation and throughput
- Carry out preventative and corrective maintenance of high speed detector equipment
- Design and implement modifications to experimental setups to further improve reliability
- Install, test and maintain new equipment
Further information may be obtained from David Flot (tel.: +33 (0)4 76 88 17 63, email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- You should hold a technician degree (BSc, Licence, HND, HNC, BTS, DUT, Bachelor, Meister, Vordiplom, Perito, Laurea Triennale, Diplomatura, Ingenieria Técnica or equivalent) in mechanics, mechanical engineering or industrial maintenance.
- Entry level to 5 years of professional experience
- Good manual and mechanic skills, knowledge of 2d and 3D drawings software (SolidWorks)
- Strong team spirit
- Ability to work autonomously and possession of strong problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
- Basic knowledge of cryogenics or vacuum technique will be an asset
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.