To view all the three positions: click here
The Consortium for Construction, Equipment and Exploitation of the Synchrotron Light Laboratory (CELLS) is jointly funded by the Spanish Government through its Ministerio de Ciencia, Innovación y Universidades (Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities) and the Generalitat de Catalunya (Catalan Autonomous Government) through its Departament d’Empresa i Coneixement (Ministry of Business and Knowledge). The accelerator was commissioned in 2011 and the Beamlines started official operations in May 2012. The facility operates 24/7, about 6000 hours a year. Currently there are eight beamlines in operation and four more in construction. IT Systems Section of the ALBA Computing Division consists of 10 staff members and it is responsible of the IT infrastructures operations and support for the three accelerators, the eight beamlines and to the 200+ users staff. All these infrastructures require of high performance network, storage, archiving and computing (HPC) that are managed from a centralized CPD. Nowadays the development of new beamlines brings massive data production and processing needs is a continuous challenge that requires the adoption to the latest technologies such as cloud services, containers or parallelization. We offer you an opportunity to participate in this undertaking project as part of a dynamic team with many possibilities in a unique environment. We are looking for experienced IT System administrators and also unexperienced professionals with huge eagerness to learn. Come and join us! Due to data protection reasons, we inform you that this selection process is assisted by an external company: HAYS Calle Valencia, 307-313, Bajos 1ª 08009 Barcelona Tel.: (+34) 93 467 0324 email@example.com
The candidate will be part of the IT Systems Section of the Computing Division and co-responsible for the administration (project, installation, maintenance and support) and user support of the IT Systems services.
• Formal Education – University degree in Computer Science. Last year students (ECTS credits approved 180) will be also considered and shall attach their academic Transcript of Records (ToR). – Alternatively candidates with previous IT System administration experience or certifications with proven similar technological capacities will be also considered.
• Previous knowledge and/or experience in any of the following fields will be valued:
– Server administration (Linux & Windows): configuration management, monitoring, scripting, networking, high availability architectures…
– High Performance Computing (HPC): clusters management for data analysis. – Data Storage systems: High performance NAS / SDS.
– Virtualization: cloud, on premise, container.
– Backup and archive (including cloud).
– Database administration.
– Digital office: desktop and applications administration, deployment and virtualization.
– IT security.
• Knowledge and experience working with IT System services (ITIL), project management (PRINCE2) or Agile methodologies will be considered an asset. • A good level of English both written and spoken is required
To apply for this job please visit intranet.cells.es.