- Job title: JAVA/JS Full Stack Software Developer
- Ref.: COD/SMIS
- Contract type: Time-limited contract
- Salary range: 37-45K€
- Contract duration: Up to 3 years
CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
The Management Information System (MIS) team is dedicated to developing and supporting web and database oriented software for processing of business data. One of the applications developed by the MIS Group is the SMIS (Scientific Management Information System) which is dedicated to the electronic management of workflows for external scientists applying for experiment time at the ESRF. Scientific proposals and reports, proposal evaluation, travel and experiments arrangements, safety aspects, and beam time scheduling and allocation of experiments are some examples of the features managed by this application.
The ESRF has undertaken an ambitious upgrade programme which will significantly impact these workflows, with many aspects of the external user programme evolving both in functionality and quantity. You will work in close collaboration with SMIS software engineers and with local scientists and the User Office to assess and implement the new workflows required and to modernize the SMIS user interface, ensuring a successful operation programme in the post-upgrade era.
Within the MIS team composed of about a dozen people, your missions are the following:
- Contribute to the definition of workflows and drafting of specifications for the upgrade of existing operational procedures
- Develop adapted and interactive web-based solutions for the operational procedures required
- Modularise the SMIS into discrete and independent parts so that each module can be managed separately, making future developments faster and easier
- Modernise the SMIS user interface such that new operational workflows can be implemented
- Higher university degree (Master or equivalent 300 ECTS diploma) in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- 3 to 8 years of professional experience in software development
- Strong skills in object-oriented software development especially in Java
- Good relational skills, team spirit, a service-oriented attitude and an analytical mind are essential to interact with people of different domains such as scientists and administrative staff in a multicultural environment
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
Your knowledge and your ability to adapt may allow you to evolve within the ESRF, as long term employment opportunities are likely to arise in the short or medium term in your field of expertise
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.