Lunds universitet, MAX IV, Accelerator Developement
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and 7 600 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
MAX IV is a Swedish national large-scale research laboratory hosted by Lund University. It provides scientists from Sweden as well as internationally, with state-of-the-art instrumentation for research in areas such as engineering, physics, structural biology, chemistry and nanotechnology. Fully developed it will receive more than 2 000 scientists annually, conducting ground-breaking experiments in materials and life sciences using the brilliant X-ray light.
The overall tasks include laser development and maintenance to improve performance and reliability of the MAX IV gun lasers and the linear accelerator. The work is carried out together with our current laser specialist. The tasks include:
- Preventive as well as routine maintenance of the gun lasers.
- To evaluate and implement upgrades to the laser systems.
- To assist in other laser related activities at the laboratory, such as participate in laser safety risk assessments or laser safety design reviews.
- To take the responsibility of performing regular laser safety audits for the lasers at MAX IV and to advice the different laser users.
- To participate in different accelerator projects and studies regarding the RF gun and linear accelerator.
- The position requires prior experience with lasers, and a MSc degree in Physics or Physical/Electrical Engineering.
- Since this position will involve many contacts with different stakeholders in the organization, the candidate must have very good cooperation skills.
- A very good command of English, both oral and written, is required.
- It ́s an advantage if you have practical femtosecond laser work experience as well as laser safety experience and laser theory knowledge.
- Experience from accelerator development and synchronization of pulsed lasers is of merit.
To be successful and perform well in this position you have a thorough and systematic way of working and are quality oriented. You should be risk aware but also solution focused. You have the capability to work independently but you also like to work and contribute to a team. If you are from abroad, willingness to learn Swedish will facilitate future teamwork. A probation period of 6 months is applied.
|Type of employment||Permanent position|
|Contract type||Full time|
|Number of positions||1|
|Last application date||19.Apr.2020 11:59 PM CET|
To apply for this job please visit lu.varbi.com.