DESY is one of the world’s leading research centres for photon science, particle and astroparticle physics as well as accelerator physics.
CFEL focuses on research in the field of applications of these X-ray sources. The CMI group develops innovative methods to obtain full control over molecules and nanoparticles. These are exploited in fundamental studies to unravel the underlying mechanisms of chemistry and biology by watching molecules at work and aiming for control and optimization of chemical processes.
• Planning, developing, building, extending, operating, and maintaining advanced ultrashort-pulse-laser and optical setups in the laboratory and at enduser stations of X-ray facilities
• Development of novel laser-based control schemes of molecules
• Support in preparing and performing experiments for controlling molecules with ultrashort laser pulses Requirements
• Significant experience in ultrashort pulse laser systems
• Knowledge in optics, vacuum techniques, quantum mechanics and molecular physics are a plus
• PhD in experimental physics, laser physics or related ﬁeld
• Team player with excellent communication skills in English
• Good knowledge of German or willingness to obtain this
For further Information please see https://www.controlled-molecule-imaging.org or contact Prof. Jochen Küpper +49-40-8998-6330 (email@example.com)
The position is limited initially to 2 years, further extension is foreseen. Salary and benefits are commensurate with those of public service organisations in Germany. Classiﬁcation is based upon qualiﬁcations and assigned duties. Handicapped persons will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. DESY operates flexible work schemes. DESY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women. Vacant positions at DESY are in general open to part-time-work. During each application procedure DESY will assess whether the post can be ﬁlled with part-time employees.
We are looking forward to your application quoting the reference code preferably via our electronic application System: Online-Application
Deadline for applications: Search will start immediately and continue until filled.
To apply for this job please visit www.desy.de.