An excellent opportunity exists for motivated and enthusiastic professionals to lead and assist in delivering new beamlines for ANSTO at the Australian Synchrotron, Clayton
• Fixed Term Positions Available with a possibility of long term appointment
• A Competitive Salary Package will be offered commensurate with qualifications and experience | Generous Employer Superannuation Contribution
• Opportunity to apply your expertise and professional skills in a unique facility
BRIGHT is the exciting new ANSTO program that will design, install and commission 8 new beamlines at the Australian Synchrotron over the next 8 years. The BRIGHT Program’s objective is to deliver to ANSTO, new world-class research infrastructure.
The first Phase will deliver the following beamlines:
• MCT: Micro-computed Tomography
• MEX: Medium Energy X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy
The second phase of BRIGHT is anticipated to start in July 2018 and will deliver a further 6 beamlines, with the properties of the final beamline yet to be determined:
• BioSAXS: Biological Small Angle X-ray Scattering
• ADS: Advanced Diffraction and Scattering
• HMX: High performance Macromolecular Crystallography
• MMC: Micro Material Characterisation
• Nano: Multi-modal Nanoprobe
• The 8th Beamline (to be defined during the build process).
About the position
The Lead Beamline Engineer has overall accountability and technical leadership of all engineering systems for the build and development of the new beamline. You will be required to define and develop system level designs, specifications, designs, analysis, provide manufacturing supervision, installation supervision and commissioning of the beamline mechanical subsystems. In addition, your role will provide technical leadership and advice to other engineers and technicians. Your ability to produce written reports for the purpose defining requirements, evaluating tender responses and design records for reference once the beamline is an essential component until the beam line is operational.
There is a potential for this role to assist in the post implementation phase of the project and possible be a long term appointment.
Benefits of working at ANSTO
We are a centre of excellence with a reputation for attracting and retaining high calibre staff offering employees the following benefits and opportunities:
• Investing in our employees by supporting tertiary studies and encouraging job opportunities
• Offering work/life balance including flexible working arrangements, salary packaging benefits, generous superannuation and great working conditions
• Providing an extensive range of leave provisions including paid recreation leave, 16 weeks maternity leave and special leave which covers cultural, moving, funeral and emergency leave
• Promoting health and wellbeing programs offered by ANSTO through regular onsite employee health and wellbeing programs, including annual men’s and women’s health screening programs.
Diversity and Excellence
In order to solve great challenges, we need great minds and great teams. At ANSTO, we understand that diverse teams produce better outcomes – and we value the merit that a diverse perspective can bring to our team. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, primary carers, those with a disability, and women in STEM. ANSTO is a charter member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) initiative and is proudly taking action to create a gender-inclusive workforce.
For further information and to apply
If this position sounds exciting and you are ready for a challenge, please visit www.ansto.gov.au
and follow the links to the Current Vacancies page. Please view the Position Description, complete the application form and submit your application online.
For queries relating to the recruitment and selection process, please contact the HR Shared Services Team on +61 (02) 9717 2900 (press 2 for HR) or email email@example.com
To be eligible for appointment, applicants will require a security and medical assessment.
Applications close: 27 May 2018
To apply for this job please visit www.ansto.gov.au.