An excellent opportunity exists for motivated and enthusiastic professionals to lead and assist in delivering new beamlines for ANSTO at the Australian Synchrotron, Clayton VIC
Recruiting the following position now!
Lead Scientist – BioSAXS Beamline (4 years fixed term)
• Fixed Term Position Available with a possibility of long term appointment
• A Competitive Salary Package will be offered commensurate with qualifications and experience | Generous Employer Superannuation Contribution
• Opportunity to apply your expertise and professional skills in a unique facility
BRIGHT is the exciting new ANSTO program that will design, install and commission 8 new beamlines at the Australian Synchrotron over the next 8 years. The BRIGHT Program’s objective is to deliver to ANSTO new world-class research infrastructure.
About the position
The Lead Scientist – BioSAXS Beamline is responsible for leading the technical design, procurement, installation and commissioning of the Biological Small Angle X-ray Scattering beamline at the Australian Synchrotron. You will be required to engage and manage the interactions with key stakeholders and the user-community to provide technical and scientific direction to the beamline construction project. The beamline will support both biological and chemical solution-based small angle scattering research, and will strongly complement the existing SAXS/WAXS beamline at the Australian Synchrotron.
Reporting to the Senior Principal Scientist, your extensive experience in synchrotron science, including beamline and optics design as well as your excellent interpersonal and communications will be essential to this role.
There is a potential for this role to assist in the post implementation phase of the project and possibly be a long term appointment.
Benefits of working at ANSTO
We are a centre of excellence with a reputation for attracting and retaining high calibre staff offering employees the following benefits and opportunities:
• Investing in our employees by supporting tertiary studies and encouraging job opportunities
• Offering work/life balance including flexible working arrangements, salary packaging benefits, generous superannuation and great working conditions
• Providing an extensive range of leave provisions including paid recreation leave, 16 weeks maternity leave and special leave which covers cultural, moving, funeral and emergency leave
• Promoting health and wellbeing programs offered by ANSTO through regular onsite employee health and wellbeing programs, including annual men’s and women’s health screening programs.
Diversity and Excellence
In order to solve great challenges, we need great minds and great teams. At ANSTO, we understand that diverse teams produce better outcomes – and we value the merit that a diverse perspective can bring to our team. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, primary carers, those with a disability, and women in STEM. ANSTO is a charter member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) initiative and is proudly taking action to create a gender-inclusive workforce.
For further information and to apply
For further technical information relating to this position please refer to the Position Information Package or contact Michael James on +61 3 8540 4174 or Michael.James@synchrotron.org.au For all other queries please contact the HR Shared Services Team on +61 2 9717 3111 (press 2 for HR).
If this position sounds exciting and you are ready for a challenge, please visit www.ansto.gov.au
and follow the links to the Current Vacancies page. Please view the Position Description, complete the application form and submit your application online.
To be eligible for appointment, applicants will require a security and medical assessment.
Applications close: 1 April 2018 at 11.30pm
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://anstocareers.nga.net.au/cp/index.cfm?event=jobs.checkJobDetailsNewApplication&returnToEvent=jobs.listJobs&jobid=5E7507F8-8834-43C7-B276-A88D011437EA&CurATC=EXT&CurBID=0AC44449-CFC1-4622-9710-9DB401354878&JobListID=22FC4F47-E994-46A3-B8C9-9BC901269F43&jobsListKey=d208affa-7280-4826-aa5a-a0e1c2e4027c&persistVariables=CurATC,CurBID,JobListID,jobsListKey,JobID&lid=06400250038 →