- Job title: Linux Engineer Systems Administrator
- Ref.: TID/21/LinuxEng
- Contract type: Permanent contract
- Salary range: 41-49K€
- Publication start on Front Office : Site internet: 12/10/2021
The TID/System and Communication Group (SCG) provides the computing resources and services to support the ESRF in its scientific missions. The SC Group consists of three Units: UNIX, Windows and Networks.
The UNIX unit duties include the users support, definition of technical solutions as well as the management of compute capacity, data storage and archiving. The main challenge is to validate and implement state-of-the-art data management solutions, while ensuring a very high level of availability and IT-security.
- LINUX Systems administration
- High Performance Computing
- Storage management and associated file systems (GPFS, NFS…)
- System and architecture monitoring
- User support
To ensure the high level of availability required for the facility, the LINUX systems administrator will participate in standby operation.
- Higher university degree (Master or equivalent 300 ECTS diploma) in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent,
- 5 to 10 years of professional experience as LINUX systems administrator, HPC cluster and large scale storage management,
- Experience in project management will be appreciated,
- Knowledge of Python would be considered an asset,
- Excellent relational skills, team spirit, a service-oriented attitude,
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF) and able to write technical documentation.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The annual gross salary may be completed by additional allowances (shift allowance, standby allowance, expatriation allowance, etc.).
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.