- Ref.: COD/PaNOSC-SYSADM
- Contract type: Time-limited contract
- Salary range: 33-40K€
- Contract duration: Up to 3 years
Context & Job description
The ESRF is coordinating a European project to implement Data analysis as a Service (DAaS) and Open Data management. The production of scientific data is evolving significantly both in complexity and in volume implying a significant change in the way data is managed and analysed. As Linux System Administrator engineer,you will work in close collaboration with software engineers, scientists, and external users to assess their needs in data management and data analysis and to implement high performance IT solutions to address these needs. As part of the PaNOSC project, the mission also requires to collaborate with other partners of the project ant to report and present significant advances.
Your missions are the following:
- Implement a production grade private cloud infrastructure
- Deploy a production ready platform for Data Analysis as a Service
- Implement tools for accessing and exporting large volumes of data via a Web interface Implement hybrid cloud solutions to connect to the European Open Science Cloud
- Participate to related system administration tasks of the team
- Higher university degree (Master or equivalent 300 ECTS diploma) in Computer Science, Engineering, Science or equivalent
- 2 to 5 years of professional experience
- Good knowledge of the Linux world – installation, deployment, tuning, high-availability, virtualisation, networking
- Mastering of one or several scripting languages (python, etc.)
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Jupyter notebook will be strong assets
- Good relational skills, team spirit and service-oriented attitude
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed. The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.