- Job title: Linux Systems Administrator
- Ref.: CDD/LinuxSysAdmin
- Contract type: Time-limited contract
- Salary range: 33-40K€
- Contract duration: 12 months
CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
The System and Communication Group (SCG) provides the computing resources and services to support the ESRF in its scientific missions. The SC Group is made of 4 Units: UNIX, Windows, Network and the Helpdesk.
The UNIX unit duties include users’ support, definition of technical solutions as well as the provisioning of computing facilities, and the management of data storage, including archiving, of experimental data. The main challenge is to validate and implement state-of-the-art technical solutions for the very demanding scientific activities, while ensuring a very high level of availability and IT-security. To fulfil this mission, the candidate shall have in-depth experience in the following areas:
- LINUX Systems administration, including software installation, troubleshooting and user support
- Maintenance and evolution of computing clusters, help users to use batch schedulers and install parallel software/libraries
- Higher university degree (Masters or equivalent diploma worth at least 300 ECTS) in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent,
- 1 to 5 years of professional experience as a LINUX systems administrator,
- In-depth knowledge of LINUX system administration
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools (e.g. puppet, ansible) will be appreciated,
- Knowledge of Python would be considered an asset,
- Excellent relational skills, team spirit, a service-oriented attitude,
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF) and able to write technical documentation.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The annual gross salary may be completed by additional allowances (shift allowance, standby allowance, expatriation allowance, etc.).
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.