Website esrfsynchrotron The European Synchrotron (ESRF)
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 21 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
We are seeking an enthusiastic Linux technician to join our Unix Unit! You will contribute to our team for maintaining the infrastructure and machine necessary to operate the ESRF. We implement as much as possible new methodology and tools in system orchestration, monitoring and automatisation.
The ESRF’s complex infrastructure generates a constant stream of challenges which requires continuous innovation with evolving technologies and practices. Becoming an ESRF Linux technician, you will quickly learn start of the art methods and tools at the forefront of IT performance to meet the needs of big science.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing effective and efficient technical support.
- Ensure reliable operation of Linux infrastructures and computers, in particular for the scientists: monitoring, operation and troubleshooting.
- Participate in the infrastructure’s projects: analyse, propose, implement and documenting.
- Assist users in defining new Linux computing equipment.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of automatisation solutions (Puppet, Ansible).
- Technical diploma in computer science. (Short academic/technical degree ((BTS, DUT, DEUG, Abgeschlossene Berufsausbildung…) worth 120 or 180 ECTS).
- In-depth knowledge of Linux, open-source solutions and scripting.
- Ideally, a minimum of 2 years of professional experience with Linux system administration. Newly graduated students are invited to apply as well.
- Sound knowledge of networks.
- Documentation and presentation skills.
- Competence working both independently and in a team-orientated environment.
- Multitasking and a service-oriented attitude.
- Strong problem solving abilities in a technical environment.
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF).
Salary range:29 K€ minimum.
The salary will be calculated on the basis of relevant qualifications and professional experience.
Do you recognize yourself in this description? Apply now for your next professional adventure!
What we offer:
- Join an innovative international research institute, with a workforce from 38 different countries
- Collaborate with global experts to advance science and address societal challenges
- Come and live in a vibrant city, in the heart of the Alps, and Europe’s Green Capital 2022
- Enjoy a workplace designed to support your quality of life
- Benefit from our competitive compensation and allowances package, including financial support for your relocation to Grenoble
For further information on employment terms and conditions, please refer to https://www.esrf.fr/home/Jobs/what-we-offer.html
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from disabled persons.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.