ALBA is a 3 GeV synchrotron light source, in operation in Cerdanyola del Valles, Barcelona, Spain.
The consortium CELLS is responsible of its operation, maintenance, and upgrades. The accelerators complex consists in a LINAC at 100 MeV, a Booster up to 3 GeV and the Storage Ring at 3 GeV. In the Storage Ring the synchrotron radiation is produced and is used in the actual 8 operative beamlines. Five more beamlines are under construction.
CELLS is looking for an scientist or engineer, with knowledge in digital electronics, to be incorporated in the RF Group of ALBA as Digital Low Level RF responsible.
The key functions of the post are as follows, for the accelerators of ALBA:
• Maintenance, improvements and developments of the Digital LLRF systems.
• Contribute to the operation and maintenance of the complete RF systems.
• Contribute to the operation of the ALBA accelerators, including shifts and on-call.
In due course and depending on the development of the accelerators and project requirements the candidate will be expected to take up work as defined by the Division Head.
• Qualified to degree level in an appropriate branch of Physics or Engineering.
Young people without experience will be considered, but also the following knowledge and experience will be evaluated:
• Knowledge and experience in digital hardware, FPGAs.
• Knowledge and experience in digital firmware programming, VHDL.
• Knowledge of control theory and digital signal processing.
• Knowledge of analogue electronics.
• Knowledge and practical experience in measurement devices as oscilloscopes, network and spectrum analysers, in the radio frequency band.
• Knowledge and experience in Low Level RF systems for accelerators.
• Knowledge and experience in accelerator RF systems and accelerators in general.
• Good interpersonal, communication and people working skills.
• Available to travel, including occasional periods away from home.
• Available to work on 24/7 shifts, and perform on-call duties.
• Good command in English language.
• Knowledge of Spanish or Catalan languages.
• Salary depending on qualifications and experience
• Indefinite contract with a probation period of 6 months
Interview: It will be verified that the requirements that have been considered compulsories to participate in the selection process are met.
The knowledge and work experience in relation to the functions of the position will be evaluated.
The adequacy and progression capacity of the applicant, together with their personal skills, their attitude and their commitment, will be evaluated.
Note: This place is reserved for those who have the legal status of people with disabilities with a degree of disability equal to or greater than 33%. In the event that there are no applicants with disabilities who comply the compulsory requirements, the rest of applicants without declared disabilities will be evaluated
To apply for this job please visit public.cells.es.