Website esrfsynchrotron The European Synchrotron (ESRF)
- Job title: Magnetic assembly and measurement technician
- Contract type: Permanent contract
- Salary range:25 K€ minimum
CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
You will join a team of twelve engineers and technicians in charge of the design, assembly, characterization, installation and maintenance of magnets and X-ray sources (called undulators) of the ESRF accelerator complex. The team has developed extensive experience in the production and measurement of complex magnetic systems.
Under the technical supervision of the engineers of the team, you will be required to:
- Characterize batches of permanent magnets after their delivery to the ESRF
- Pre-assemble magnets into short modules
- Assemble and measure the undulators
- Participate in the operation and maintenance of the accelerator complex equipment.
- Upper vocational qualification or end of high school certificate in electrical engineering, mechanics, or other relevant discipline
- One relevant professional experience (beginners are encouraged to apply)
- Experience in characterization, mechanics or electrical engineering is an asset
- Experience in precision work, meticulousness
- Curiosity and motivation to acquire new knowledge in various fields and to deepen your skills
- Ability to work as part of a team is essential
- Ability to communicate in English (working language at ESRF) and French.
Permanent contract. Part of your work could be carried out in shifts, following ESRF regulations.
The salary will be calculated on the basis of relevant qualifications and professional experience.
Do you recognize yourself in this description? Apply now for your next professional adventure!
What we offer:
- Join an innovative international research institute, with a workforce from 38 different countries
- Collaborate with global experts to advance science and address societal challenges
- Come and live in a vibrant city, in the heart of the Alps, and Europe’s Green Capital 2022
- Enjoy a workplace designed to support your quality of life
- Benefit from our competitive compensation and allowances package, including financial support for your relocation to Grenoble
For further information on employment terms and conditions, please refer to https://www.esrf.fr/home/Jobs/what-we-offer.html
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from disabled persons.
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 21 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.