CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
You are part of a team of 7 Experimental Hall Operators, working under the supervision of the ESRF Experimental Hall Safety Manager.
Your missions are the following:
- Ensure the safe day to day operation of the experimental stations (= beamlines)
- Provide assistance to beamlines experiencing operational difficulties or equipment failure
- Supply assistance to users for basic laboratory and workshop services
- Participate in preventive maintenance
The Experimental Hall Operators are also directly involved in the safety response to emergencies (first aid, fire alarms), in close collaboration with the ESRF Central Control Room.
- You should hold a technician degree (BSc, Licence, HND, HNC, BTS, DUT, Bachelor, Meister, Vordiplom, Perito, Laurea Triennale, Diplomatura, Ingenieria Técnica or equivalent) in a technical field
- Professional experience (a sandwich course is considered as professional experience) in one or more of the following fields: mechanics, electronics, fluids and vacuum technology and preferably in a services environment
- Previous experience in shifts work and safety would be an asset
- Good communication skills in both English and French
- English proficiency (working language at the ESRF)
80% of your working time will be on shifts according to a definite schedule and the remaining 20% will be performed during office hours and/or on “standby”.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 21 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.