- Ref.: 1519
- Contract type: Permanent contract
- Salary range: 28-35K€
- Deadline for applications: 19/05/2019
- Contract duration: Permanent
Context & Job description
You are part of a team of 7 Experimental Hall Operators, working under the supervision of the ESRF Experimental Hall Safety Manager.
Your missions are the following:
- Ensure the safe day to day operation of the experimental stations (= beamlines)
- Provide assistance to beamlines experiencing operational difficulties or equipment failure
- Supply assistance to users for basic laboratory and workshop services
- Participate in preventive maintenance
The Experimental Hall Operators are also directly involved in the safety response to emergencies (first aid, fire alarms), in close collaboration with the ESRF Central Control Room.
80% of your working time will be on shifts according to a definite schedule and the remaining 20% will be performed during office hours and/or on “standby”.
- You should hold a technician degree (BSc, Licence, HND, HNC, BTS, DUT, Bachelor, Meister, Vordiplom, Perito, Laurea Triennale, Diplomatura, Ingenieria Técnica or equivalent) in a technical field
- 5 to 10 years of professional experience, preferably in a services environment
- Professional experience in one or more of the following fields: mechanics, electronics, fluids and vacuum technology
- Previous experience in shifts work and safety would be an asset
- Good communication skills in both English and French
- English proficiency (working language at the ESRF)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.