The Brazilian Synchrotron Light Laboratory (LNLS) is commissioning the fourth-generation electron storage ring Sirius, a worldwide state-of-the-art accelerator complex dedicated to produce high brightness X-ray beams. LNLS is a pioneer synchrotron light laboratory in Brazil and has a long history of designing, constructing, commissioning and operating a synchrotron light facility to provide multi-disciplinary experimental stations for external users.
To work in the Materials Group (MAT) at CNPEM.
- Coordinate the Materials group of the Engineering and Technology Division.
- Serve as technical reference in materials science and technology for the team.
- Work in the prospection of solutions for problems in materials science and technology.
- Identify and conduct R&D projects related to materials science and technology (general applications and in particle accelerators).
- Collaborate with other teams and departments in materials prospection.
- Work in the development of raw material suppliers and special manufacturing processes.
- Elaborate technical documentation (procedures, specifications, articles) and presentaitons.
- Coordinate technical projects.
- Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related areas;
- Advanced English;
Solid experience in:
- Materials science and technology;
- Team management and leadership;
- Knowledge in project management;
Deep knowledge in:
- Analysis and characterization of materials;
- Manufacturing processes;
- Joining processes (TIG, brazing, diffusion welding, EBW, FSW);
Knowledge in vacuum technology.
2D and 3D CAD.
To apply for this job please visit www.lnls.cnpem.br.