Lunds universitet, MAX IV
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and 7 400 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
MAX IV is looking for a Director. The Director has the overall responsibility for the management, operation and strategic planning of the MAX IV Laboratory and reports to the laboratory’s board and to the Vice Chancellor of Lund University.
Additionally, the Director:
Provides the overall leadership, management and control for the laboratory.
Ensures that operations are carried out in compliance with all applicable Swedish laws and legal requirements and policies, with appropriate control for detection of potential non-compliance.
Ensures that MAX IV delivers according to a strategic plan and in congruence with stakeholders’ expectations.
The laboratory is in a transitional phase from construction to operation. This implies a focus on ensuring that the laboratory organization is optimal for achieving its goals. Good communication within the laboratory is essential. Crucial issues regarding communication with present stakeholders and communicating a vision for the future that will bring new stakeholders on board will also be a focus.
Together with the management team, proposes the goals, mission and vision for MAX IV to the MAX IV board. Ensures that strategic and operational plans are communicated, implemented and understood throughout the laboratory. Ensures proper staff management to attract and retain capable staff.
Carries out internal and external communication.
Has overall responsibility for finance and business control including current investments and future funding.
Maintains and continuously improves the laboratory governance according to the suggestions and expectations of the MAX IV board.
PhD in a topic relevant for research with synchrotron radiation.
- Internationally-recognized scientific reputation.
- Leadership experience in managing large multicultural and multidisciplinary research-oriented organizations.
- Experience in developing and implementing a strategic plan.
- Track record of collaborative decision making.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Good communication skills.
Additional requirements are considered assets;
- Experience working and/or management at a synchrotron radiation facility or similar.
- Experience in managing a user infrastructure facility.
- Experience in managing organizational change.
- Experience in leading managers and experts.
- Experience in industrial research and development.
- Established Swedish and/or European networks
- Insight into the Swedish higher-education system and the research policy landscape.
- Knowledge of Scandinavian language or willingness to learn Swedish
The application consist of your CV and a vision for the MAX IV laboratory for the next five years. Please provide the names and contact information for three references.
The Director will be employed permanently as a researcher at Lund University with a five-year appointment as Director. The appointment may be extended by up to five years.
We aim to conduct interviews on June 10, 11 and 12. Please indicate your availability on these dates in your application. If these are not possible alternatives can be arranged.
|Type of employment||Permanent position|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||As per agreement|
|Number of positions||1|
|Working hours||100 %|
|Last application date||07.Apr.2019 11:59 PM CET|
To apply for this job please visit lu.mynetworkglobal.com.