We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join our Beamline Systems Engineering Group. The Beamline Systems Engineering Group plays a vital role in the design and development of new and innovative high-tech systems that enable world class applied research to be performed at Diamond.
Main Role and Responsibilities –
- Design and development of micro/nano precision mechanisms, opto-mechanical assemblies, high stiffness low vibration structures, Ultra-High Vacuum (UHV) systems and assemblies operating at cryogenic temperatures.
- Preparing and updating manufacturing and assembly drawings according to BS 8888 standards.
- Preparing technical documents and user manuals.
- Working closely with internal & external scientific and engineering staff to produce mechanical designs for projects.
- Procurement of equipment through commercial suppliers.
See JD for additional information
Profile of a successful candidate –
- An Honours degree or equivalent in Mechanical / Mechatronics engineering
- Sufficient work experience in developing products in a high-tech environment.
- Knowledge and experience in Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing and proficient in preparing 2D manufacturing drawings.
- Proficiency in 3D CAD modelling – PTC Creo / ProE preferred
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Self-motivated and organized with good time management skills.
See PS for additional information
To apply for this job please visit vacancies.diamond.ac.uk.