Lund University, MAX IV , Engineering
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and 7 600 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
The taks include:
- Producing a mechanical design based on input from machine and beamline engineers and scientists.
- Apply and follow up the general design standards as well as MAX IV standards, in relation of ultra-high vacuum, stability, precision mechanism and general design of scientific equipment.
- Produce preliminary design, conceptual design, layout, detailed assembly drawings, installation drawings and manufacturing drawings.
- Participation in the design review meetings for beamlines and machine projects.
We believe that you have an education within the field of Mechanical design/engineering.
The successful candiate must have the following qualifications:
- 3D cad, drawings – parts -assemblies
- 3D cad SolidWorks, SolidW. Prof. PDM, preferably
- Technical understanding and ability to propose solutions
- Good command of spoken and written English
The following qualifications are considered a merit.
- Knowledge of design for Ultra High Vacuum application
- Knowledge of environment from 4 K to 1500 K
- Experience in finite element analysis is a merit
As person you are used to taking initiatives, are flexible, serviceminded and have the abiltiy to cooperate.
This roll offers a rare environment within science, particle accelerator and X-ray light in a development stage.
This is a two year temporary position.
|Type of employment||Temporary position longer than 6 months|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||As per agreement|
|Number of positions||1|
|Working hours||100 %|
|Last application date||23.May.2019 11:59 PM CET|
To apply for this job please visit lu.mynetworkglobal.com.