The ESRF, the European Synchrotron, is an international science facility based in Grenoble, France. Thanks to its high-level, innovative engineering and cutting-edge vision, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research institutions worldwide, welcoming more than 6 500 scientists every year in fields such as biology, medicine, chemistry, earth and environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials and surface science, and physics. The ESRF is supported by 22 countries and employs 650 staff.
You will join a team of 40 engineers and technicians in charge of the design and manufacture of new mechanical equipment for the ESRF particle accelerator complex and experimental stations (beamlines).
This position includes 2 functions:
Function 1/ Mechanical Draftsman/woman (70%):
- Carry out mechanical design studies, design or modify complex and technically advanced mechanical assemblies (precision positioning systems, vacuum chambers, magnets etc.) in close collaboration with the engineers of the group, using Computer Aided Design tools (predominantly SolidworksÒ)
- Create 3D models of mechanical assemblies according to technical specifications
- Produce manufacturing drawings including dimensions, tolerances, materials, and procedures according to standards with a high level of skills
- Prepare all documents for procurement activities (set of manufacturing drawings, technical specifications, commercial documentation)
Function 2/ CAD manager (30%):
- Administer mechanical CAD software for the mechanical team and other internal users
- Manage CAD systems and CAD processes (software installation, databases, storage of CAD files, evolution of CAD software, trainings of newcomers…)
- Provide assistance to users
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget (purchase of hardware and software items)
- Work in very close collaboration with the ESRF Computing Service
PROFILE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You should hold a Technical/Academic degree (Bachelor or equivalent diploma worth at least 120 ECTS) in Mechanical engineering or related discipline.
- 10 to 20 years of professional experience, including experience in mechanical engineering, in the production of design and manufacturing drawings and in CAD management
- Skills in CAD packages (SolidworksÒ or similar)
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed. The annual gross salary will be within the range 28 – 38 k€ and additional allowances may apply (expatriation allowance, etc.).
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
If you are interested in this position, please apply by 01/07/2018.
To apply for this job please visit www.esrf.eu.