- Ref.: COD/MEG6
- Contract type: Time-limited contract
- Salary range: 34-44k€
- Contract duration: Up to 3 years
Context & Job description
You will join a team of engineers and technicians in charge of developing new mechanical equipment for the experimental stations to be built within the ESRF EBS Upgrade Programme and work in close collaboration with engineers experienced in mechanical engineering applied to scientific instruments.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Carry out feasibility studies and mechanical design studies using computer-assisted tools for components of the experimental lines (general layout, high stability supports, opto-mechanical devices, motorised mechanical systems, etc.) involving precision, stability, vacuum and cooling technologies
- Participate in engineering calculations
- Supervise the production of detailed mechanical drawings, and coordinate the procurement, manufacturing, test and installation phases
- Higher university degree (Master or equivalent 300 ECTS diploma) in mechanical engineering or a related discipline.
- 3 to 8 years of relevant professional experience, with skills in drafting, mechanical design and engineering calculations
- Use of mechanical design CAD software (e.g. SolidWorks)
- Knowledge in scientific instrumentation, and experience in procurement, manufacturing follow-up and project management would be additional assets
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed. The monthly gross salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.