CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
The main tasks of the post will be the assembling and adjusting of high precision motorised mechanical systems in an experienced team of 3 persons.
The post involves:
- A careful analysis of 2D and 3D drawings (SolidWorks)
- The understanding of mechanical systems
- The use of modern metrology machines.
- Good manual skills
- Vacuum technique knowledge (optional)
- Technical/Academic degree (BTS, DUT, Bachelor or equivalent diploma worth at least 120 ECTS) in mechanics
- 3 to 8 years of professional experience in fine assembly
- Strong skills in assembly works
- Knowledge of technical drawing analysis
- Good understanding of metrology techniques
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
- Team work, communication and an organised, methodical approach to work are important for this position
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The annual gross salary may be completed by additional allowances (shift allowance, standby allowance, expatriation allowance, etc.).
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.