Diamond Light Source is one of the world’s most advanced scientific facilities. We’re home to the UK’s synchrotron light source – a giant microscope producing beams of light 10 billion times brighter than the sun.
We offer exceptional staff benefits including 25 days annual leave plus Christmas closure, along with flexible working hours, an excellent pension scheme and access to a range of facilities onsite including a nursery, cafes, a restaurant and sports and leisure facilities.
About the Role
We now have an opportunity for a Mechanical Maintenance Technician with responsibility for providing both technical support and assisting the team in performing building services and building fabric maintenance.
The key duties of the position include:
- Mechanical maintenance of Diamond Electrical / Mechanical and Building Services Infrastructure.
- Assisting with monitoring and testing duties.
- Problem solving and fault diagnosis on all site services, including air conditioning and air handling units, piped gases, hot and cold water systems (including unvented and pressurised systems), MTHW/LTHW systems, Chilled Water, refrigeration, etc.
- Supervision of external contractors, service engineers and suppliers as required.
- Carrying out and assisting with the preparation of safety risk assessments and method statements.
- Participating in Health and Safety and Quality Assurance procedures.
- Some participation in ‘on call’ arrangements during commissioning and operation.
You should have served a recognised craft Apprenticeship in an Engineering or demonstrate equivalent experience.
You should have experience from some (not all) of the following areas:
- HVAC systems.
- Process & Chilled Water systems.
- LTHW/MTHW/Compressed Air systems.
- Drainage/Vacuum Drainage systems.
- Liquid/Gaseous Nitrogen Systems
- Equipment controls and BMS (building management system).
- Quality Control Systems, Work Planning and Safe Systems of work.
- HSE legislation.
Please use the online application process to apply and tell us why you believe you are suitable for this role.
This role does not meet the required skill level for a Skilled Worker visa and therefore we would be unable to sponsor individuals due to the current UK Home Office immigration rules. To be appointed to the role, candidates will need to have the right to work in the UK without sponsorship from us.
To apply for this job please visit vacancies.diamond.ac.uk.