Job title: Mechanical technician
Contract type: Permanent contract
Salary range: 28-32K€
Publication start on Front Office: Site internet: 14/09/2021
You will join a team of ten engineers and technicians in charge of the design, assembly, characterization, installation and maintenance of magnets and X-ray sources (so called undulators) in the accelerator complex of the ESRF. The Insertion Devices and Magnets group has developed a large experience in the production and measurement of complex magnetic systems.
Under the supervision of the engineers of the team, you will:
- Assemble mechanical systems for undulators and accelerator magnets
- Supervise and perform the maintenance of mechanical equipment
- Participate in the mechanical design of magnetic systems
- Follow the manufacture of mechanical parts for undulators and accelerator magnets
- Install equipment in the accelerator complex
- Have a close interaction with the other support groups
- Technical/Academic degree (Bachelor or equivalent diploma worth at least 120 ECTS) in mechanics
- 3 to 10 years of professional experience in mechanics
- Good technical skills in troubleshooting, assembling and installation of equipment
- Knowledge in CAD tools, machining, welding would be an asset
- Team work capability and good communication skills with international scientific and technical staff are essential
- Ability to communicate in English (working language at the ESRF) and in French
Permanent position. Part of your work could be carried out in shifts, following ESRF regulations.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The annual gross salary may be completed by additional allowances (shift allowance, standby allowance, expatriation allowance, etc.).
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.