Website esrfsynchrotron The European Synchrotron (ESRF)
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 21 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
You will ensure and follow technical interventions for the construction, installation and commissioning of new equipment on the experimental end-station (beamline ID28) as well as regular maintenance tasks. This includes assembling, installing and testing functionality of technical equipment (e.g. vacuum chambers, precision mechanics, electrical components). You will provide technical support to ensure optimal working conditions of equipment on the beamline, and initiate and implement required developments and ensure follow up.
For further information please contact Alexei Bosak (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- You should hold a technician degree (BSc, Licence, HND, HNC, BTS, DUT, Bachelor, Meister, Vordiplom, Perito, Laurea Triennale, Diplomatura, Ingeniera Técnica or equivalent)
- 2 years minimum of relevant professional experience in precision mechanics and vacuum technique. Experience in optics and scientific instrumentation is desirable.
- Committed to delivering the best possible service
- Strongly collaborative and team player
- Ability to manage time, to prioritise and plan work effectively
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
Salary range:29 K€ minimum
The salary will be calculated on the basis of relevant qualifications and professional experience.
Do you recognize yourself in this description? Apply now for your next professional adventure!
What we offer:
- Join an innovative international research institute, with a workforce from 38 different countries
- Collaborate with global experts to advance science and address societal challenges
- Come and live in a vibrant city, in the heart of the Alps, and Europe’s Green Capital 2022
- Enjoy a workplace designed to support your quality of life
- Benefit from our competitive compensation and allowances package, including financial support for your relocation to Grenoble
For further information on employment terms and conditions, please refer to https://www.esrf.fr/home/Jobs/what-we-offer.html
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from disabled persons.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.