The ESRF, the European Synchrotron, is an international science facility based in Grenoble, France. Thanks to its high-level, innovative engineering and cutting-edge vision, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research institutions worldwide, welcoming more than 6 500 scientists every year in fields such as biology, medicine, chemistry, earth and environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials and surface science, and physics. The ESRF is supported by 22 countries and employs 650 staff.
We are currently seeking to recruit a:
Mechanics / Installation Technician, Time-limited position (18 months)
As part of the Accelerator and Source Division, the Diagnostics group is responsible for the measurement of the electron beam parameters of the ESRF’s accelerators through a range of specialised instruments and detectors.
In a team of eight people, you participate in the intense preparation, inspection and installation work of detectors and their various subsystems for a completely new accelerator ring called EBS in 2019.
More specifically, your contribution to the EBS project is the following:
- Inspection and verification work on components and subsystems procured for the EBS
- Cabling, connectorization and configuration of electric/electronic and fine-mechanic systems in the storage ring tunnel and technical zones, including the mounting of supports inside cubicles
- Preparation, assembly and installation of mechanical and electronic instruments and detectors related to the EBS
PROFILE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You should hold a vocational qualification or technical degree in mechanics, industrial maintenance or other relevant field
- Familiarity with both basic and fine mechanics, and their mounting & assembly techniques
- Meticulous and rigorous attitude
- Ability to work and to efficiently communicate in an international multi-disciplinary team
- Basic proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF) and basic French are expected
- Beginners are welcome to apply
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed. The annual gross salary will be within the range 23 – 28 k€ and additional allowances may apply (shift allowance, expatriation allowance, etc.).
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
If you are interested in this position, please apply by 01/07/2018.