The ESRF, the European Synchrotron, is an international science facility based in Grenoble, France. Thanks to its high-level, innovative engineering and cutting-edge vision, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research institutions worldwide, welcoming more than 6 500 scientists every year in fields such as biology, medicine, chemistry, earth and environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials and surface science, and physics. The ESRF is supported by 22 countries and employs 650 staff.
In a team of 8 technicians, you take part in the running of the accelerator complex and work on shift in the Control Room, with the following missions:
- Monitor, record, analyse, act and document on the accelerator parameters in order to maintain the level of the machine performance
- Carry out diagnostics and repairs to the accelerator hardware when breakdowns occur, in collaboration with qualified people on standby if needed
- Coordinate actions in emergency situations involving the safety of people and equipment
Shifts are presently organized on a 3 times 8-hour cycle throughout the year, including weekends and public holidays, in compliance with French legislation.
PROFILE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Technical degree (Bachelor or equivalent diploma worth at least 120 ECTS) in a relevant technical field such as Physics, Electronics or Computing
- 2 to 8 years of professional experience in at least one of the following fields: measurements in physics, computing, electro-mechanics, electronics or vacuum
- Team work capability and autonomy
- Previous experience in shift operation of technical equipment is a plus
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF) and/or French
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed. The annual gross salary will be within the range 26 – 32 k€ and will be complemented by a shift allowance. Additional allowances may apply (expatriation allowance, etc.).
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
If you are interested in this position, please apply by 31/07/2018.