Website esrfsynchrotron The European Synchrotron (ESRF)
- Job title: Personal Assistant to the Director of Research for Life Sciences
- Contract type: Permanent contract
- Salary range:30.5 K€ minimum
CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
Within the Experiments Division, you will work as the Personal Assistant for the Director of Research for Life Sciences, working closely with the Personal Assistant for the Director of Research for Physical Sciences.
In a highly multicultural environment, you will ensure smooth and consistent handling of day-to-day operations. Your key missions will be to:
- Organize and manage the Director of Research’s complex diary, make travel arrangements and organization related to external partners’ visits
- Organize meetings, internal and external workshops and contribute to their follow-up (agenda, report, preparation of documentation, logistics, minutes, follow-up of actions)
- Act as the point of contact amongst managers, employees and other external partners. Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence and phone calls. Ensure the reception of visitors
- Participate in the elaboration of documents (information research, formatting, validation follow-up before distribution, reports…) and in the production of communications as well as presentations
- Provide support for administrative management (purchasing, cost monitoring, etc.)
- Co‐ordinate tasks with the Personal Assistant for the Director of Research for Physical Sciences (including standing in during absences). Collaborate with various internal and external stakeholders
- Apply and continually improve procedures to facilitate effective, efficient and professional office management.
- Secondary education diploma (BTS, HNC, Bachelor, or equivalent diploma worth at least 120 ECTS)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an assistant, preferably in an international environment
- Excellent level of English, both written and spoken, and good knowledge of French
- Excellent organizational skills
- Initiative, autonomy, responsiveness, energy, priority management, discretion
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships, demonstrated teamwork abilities
- Proactive approach to problem-solving and openness to change
- Perfectly at ease with office tools and software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) with demonstrated ability to learn new tools rapidly
The salary will be calculated on the basis of relevant qualifications and professional experience.
Do you recognize yourself in this description? Apply now for your next professional adventure!
What we offer:
- Join an innovative international research institute, with a workforce from 38 different countries
- Collaborate with global experts to advance science and address societal challenges
- Come and live in a vibrant city, in the heart of the Alps, and Europe’s Green Capital 2022
- Enjoy a workplace designed to support your quality of life
- Benefit from our competitive compensation and allowances package, including financial support for your relocation to Grenoble
For further information on employment terms and conditions, please refer to https://www.esrf.fr/home/Jobs/what-we-offer.html
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from disabled persons.
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 21 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.