Join our team
European XFEL is an international non-profit company located in the Hamburg area in Germany. It operates a 3.4 km-long X-ray laser, which produces X-rays of unique quality for studies in physics, chemistry, the life sciences, materials research and other disciplines. The diverse scientific facilities at European XFEL enable scientists from across the globe to carry out a wide range of experimental techniques.
Our Detector Operations group is looking for a
Ph.D. student for Characterization and Optimization of the DSSC detectors at EuXFEL
- understanding of the detector key electronics features, aimed at optimization of performance
- participation to calibration and characterization data-taking campaigns
- contribution to calibration and characterization of the existing DSSC system
- participation to scientific experiments with the DSSC detector and publication of results
- master degree in physics, electronics engineering or equivalent
- programming skills (Python and/or C/C++ will be considered assets)
- basic knowledge of lab electronics setup is considered an asset
- basic knowledge in data analysis will be considered assets
- good communication skills and ability to work in a multi-lingual and multi-disciplinary team with English as working language
For additional information, please contact Dr. Monica Turcato (email@example.com) .
Working place will be Schenefeld in the Hamburg metropolitan area. General information on working in Germany, the Hamburg area and the European XFEL can be found under www.xfel.eu/careers.
European XFEL employs a diverse, broadly international staff. Non-German candidates hired from abroad receive an international allowance.
Become part of a vibrant international and multicultural team of scientists, engineers, technical, and administrative staff. Be involved in cutting-edge scientific and technical progress, participate in our international networks, and shape your life around trust-based flexible working times and telecommuting options. Experience our atmosphere of tolerance and respect.
PhD positions are fully funded for a duration of three years. In justified cases an extension is possible.
Salary amounts to 75% of pay group 13/1 for civil servants in Germany (TVöD Bund). Further benefits are similar to those of public service organizations in Germany. In addition, European XFEL provides a non-contributory company pension scheme, broad relocation benefits, a subsidized job-ticket for the local public transport system, as well as our company restaurant BeamStop. Company language is English, non-German candidates hired from abroad receive an international allowance.
The European XFEL PhD program goes far beyond classical PhD studies. You will have the opportunity to advance your professional, personal and methodical abilities setting a solid foundation for your scientific career.
This appointment is limited to 3 years.
10 November 2021
Please apply online and provide a cover letter next to a CV in English, as well as your work certificates in one single pdf-file.
Applicants with disabilities will be given preference over other equally qualified applicants The European XFEL GmbH is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.
To apply for this job please visit www.xfel.eu.