The department Operation Accelerator BESSY II is looking for a physicist (m/f) for radiation protection.
Reference No.: NP 2018/8
The BESSY-II Operation Accelerator Department at HZB operates the first-class light sources BESSY II and MLS with outstanding performance. The Department carries out the implementation of the ERL project bERLINPro as well as the upgrade project BESSY VSR and develops first concepts for the follow-up project BESSYIII.
The mission of the Working Group on Technical Radiation Protection / Radiation Physics is the protection of persons and the environment during the operation of the accelerators.
In order to meet these requirements, it is also necessary to carry out research and development tasks from all aspects of radiation protection. This is particularly necessary in order to be able to carry out planning tasks for new accelerators.
- Responsibility as Radiation Safety Officer for the accelerator facilities BESSY, MLS, bERLinPro and HoBiCaT
- Project management (radiation safety) for bERLinPro and BESSY VSR
- Planning work of radiation protection shielding and safety measures
- Development of concepts for radiation protection of BESSYIII
- Conduction of experiments and publications according to radiation protection
- Preparation to lead the group technical radiation safety / radiation physics
- PhD degree in physics or equivalent
- Consolidated knowledge of radiation protection issues (especially in radiation physics)
- Experience with Monte-Carlo code FLUKA (activation, spectra, shielding)
- Programming experience for performing analytical shielding calculations
- Experience with accelerator facilities
- Knowledge of accelerator physics desirable
- Ability to work in a team, leadership experience desirable
- Very good German and English language skills
With appropriate suitability, an unlimited contract is possible.
What we offer
Fixed term contract for 24 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to apply
Have we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 31.08.2018.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH
To apply for this job please visit recruitingapp-5181.de.umantis.com.