* Job location Berkeley, Ca
* Job title/reference # Physicist Research Scientist
* Post details (i.e. permanent) Permanent
* Salary apply for more information
* Application deadline Open until filled.
* Application details/contact person Human Resources
* Link to full posting http://220.127.116.11/counter.php?id=232212
* Brief job description (max. 200 words)
Physicist Research Scientist – 96055
Division: AA-Accelerator Tech-Applied Phys
Lawrence Berkeley National Lab’s (LBNL) Accelerator Technology and Applied Physics Division (ATAP, https://atap.lbl.gov/) Division has an opening for a Physicist Research Scientist (Career or Career-Track) to join the Advanced Light Source (ALS) Accelerator Physics Group (APG).
ALS is a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Science national scientific user facility whose excellent scientific reputation, expert staff, and capabilities in the soft x-ray, hard x-ray, and infrared regimes attract more than 2,000 academic and industrial users each year in disciplines spanning physical, chemical, materials, biological, energy, and Earth sciences. The ALS has been a global leader in soft x-ray science for more than two decades thanks also to the multiple upgrades that the ALS accelerator complex underwent over the years. In particular, the ALS storage ring is currently undergoing a large-scale accelerator upgrade (ALS-U) that will provide a two-orders of magnitude increase in brightness endowing the facility with state-of-the-art x-ray capabilities. It’s an exciting time to join our team and in particular the ALS Accelerator Physics Group!
Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
To apply for this job please visit 18.104.22.168.