DESY, with its 2700 employees at its two locations in Hamburg and Zeuthen, is one of the world’s leading research centres. Its research focuses on decoding the structure and function of matter, from the smallest particles of the universe to the building blocks of life. In this way, DESY contributes to solving the major questions and urgent challenges facing science, society and industry. With its ultramodern research infrastructure, its interdisciplinary research platforms and its international networks, DESY offers a highly attractive working environment in the fields of science, technology and administration as well as for the education of highly qualified young scientists.
DESY operates one of the world’s brightest storage-ring-based hard X-ray radiation source. PETRA III offers scientists outstanding opportunities for experiments with X-rays of exceptionally high brilliance since 2009. The success of PETRA III is based on a excellent expertise on accelerator physics including collective effects. DESY plans to contribute this expertise to the Future Circular Collider Innovation Study (FCCIS) which will deliver a design and an implementation plan for a new research infrastructure, consisting of a 100 km long, circular tunnel and a dozen surface sites close to the CERN site in the Geneva area. Within the scope of the study DESY will contribute to the impedance model and the investigation of beam instabilities for the e+e- collider design of FCCIS. We are seeking a highly motivated scientist to join our accelerator physics team.
- Work within an international collaboration for a future e+e- circular collider
- Contribute to the study of collective effects for the FCC
- Perform numerical simulations related to the impedance model and beam instabilities of the FCC
- Participate in accelerator physics studies and their analysis at PETRA III
- Ph.D. in physics, engineering science or equal qualification
- Excellent knowledge in accelerator physics
- Experience in computer simulations and numerical methods
- Ability to communicate research results effectively, both orally and in writing, within the team and at international conferences
For further information please contact Rainer Wanzenberg 040-8998-2496 (email@example.com).
The position is limited to 2 years.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with those of public service organisations in Germany. Classification is based upon qualifications and assigned duties. Persons with disabilities will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. DESY operates flexible work schemes. DESY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.
Deadline for applications: Until the position is filled.
To apply for this job please visit www.desy.de.