Join our team
European XFEL is an international non-profit company located in the Hamburg area in Germany. It operates a 3.4 km-long X-ray laser, which produces X-rays of unique quality for studies in physics, chemistry, the life sciences, materials research and other disciplines. The diverse scientific facilities at European XFEL enable scientists from across the globe to carry out a wide range of experimental techniques.
For our PLC Team in the Electronic and Electrical Engineering Group we are looking for a
PLC Developer for R&D project
- Investigate and integrate new features in the PLC library
- Investigate and develop required PLC interfaces
- Maintain, support and further develop installed systems
- New hardware integration into the PLC library
- Investigation and trouble-shooting of technical issues
- Active communication with other groups
- Documentation and versioning of the work accomplished
- Academic degree in the field of electrical engineering / automation or equivalent
- Work experience in relevant field of at least 5 years
- Experience in PLC programming in Structured Text (IEC61131-3) Language
- Good understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design solutions in PLC systems
- Experience using EtherCAT, NC PTP Beckhoff libraries and TwinCAT3.1 is considered an asset
- Experience with versioning and bug tracking tools (e.g. SVN, GIT, Redmine)
- Good communication skills, especially in terms of communicating technical aspects is a must
- Ability to work in a multi-lingual, multi-disciplinary team, with English as the working language
For additional information, please contact Nerea Jardón Bueno (firstname.lastname@example.org) .
Working place will be Schenefeld in the Hamburg metropolitan area. General information on working in Germany, the Hamburg area and the European XFEL can be found under www.xfel.eu/careers.
Become part of a vibrant international and multi-cultural team of scientists, engineers, technical and administrative staff. Be involved in cutting edge scientific and technical progress, participate in our international networks, and shape your life upon trust based flexible working times and telecommuting options. Experience our atmosphere of tolerance and respect.
Salary and benefits are similar to those of public service organizations in Germany. In addition European XFEL provides a non-contributory company pension scheme, broad relocation benefits, as well as subsidized job-tickets and meals at our company restaurant. The European XFEL GmbH intends to achieve a widely international staff. Company language is English, non-German candidates hired from abroad receive an international allowance.
This appointment is limited to 2 years.
Please apply online and provide a cover letter next to a CV in English, as well as your work certificates in one single pdf-file.
Applicants with disabilities will be given preference over other equally qualified applicants The European XFEL GmbH is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.
English is working language, knowledge of German is considered an asset.
To apply for this job please visit www.xfel.eu.