Would you like to work in an international environment and help out at the world’s brightest X-ray source?
Then consider joining European XFEL, a new research facility of superlatives. European XFEL generates ultrashort and extremely bright X-ray flashes for studies in different disciplines like life sciences, chemistry, and materials research.
Join our team
European XFEL is an international non-profit company located in the Hamburg area in Germany. It operates a 3.4 km-long X-ray laser, which produces X-rays of unique quality for studies in physics, chemistry, the life sciences, materials research and other disciplines. The diverse scientific facilities at European XFEL enable scientists from across the globe to carry out a wide range of experimental techniques.
For our XPD group we are looking for an
Post-Doc Diamond Detector development (f/m/d)
- Perform measurements and evaluate data with newly developed diamond detectors for XFEL applications at Synchrotron Radiation and FEL light sources
- Take an active part in developing software tools for diamond detectors in Karabo and DOOCS control systems
- Contribute to small series production of diamond detectors for XFEL applications
- Participate in the development of micro-TCA detector electronics
- Build up test setup and perform test measurements in collaboration with detector group
- PhD in physics or related discipline or comparable qualification
- Previous experience in the field of detectors or synchrotron radiation. Relevant experience in detector development would be an asset
- Know-how in programming for data processing and analysis. Experience in Python and Jupyter notebooks would be an advantage
- Knowledge of analogue electronics for data acquisition
- Good communication skills and interest in working in a collaborative environment within the XPD group and interacting with several groups at European XFEL and DESY
For additional information, please contact Jan Grünert (email@example.com) .
Working place will be Schenefeld in the Hamburg metropolitan area. General information on working in Germany, the Hamburg area and the European XFEL can be found under www.xfel.eu/careers.
Become part of a vibrant international and multi-cultural team of scientists, engineers, technical and administrative staff. Be involved in cutting edge scientific and technical progress, participate in our international networks, and shape your life upon trust based flexible working times and telecommuting options. Experience our atmosphere of tolerance and respect.
Salary and benefits are similar to those of public service organizations in Germany. In addition European XFEL provides a non-contributory company pension scheme, broad relocation benefits, as well as subsidized job-tickets and meals at our company restaurant. The European XFEL GmbH intends to achieve a widely international staff. Company language is English, non-German candidates hired from abroad receive an international allowance.
This appointments are initially limited to 2 years. An extension might be possible subject to a later decision.
27 May 2022
Please apply online and provide a cover letter next to a CV in English, as well as your work certificates in one single pdf-file.
Applicants with disabilities will be given preference over other equally qualified applicants The European XFEL GmbH is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.
To apply for this job please visit www.xfel.eu.