- Contribute to developing MHz X-ray Photon Correlation Spectroscopy (XPCS) and ultrafast X-ray Visibility Spectroscopy (XSVS) at MID
- Development of XPCS and XSVS with the MID group
- Participation in in-house research and local contact for user experiments
- Design and commissioning of instrumentation of relevance for the project
- PhD degree in physics, physical chemistry or equivalent
- Knowledge of X-ray scattering and diffraction
- Previous experience with soft matter, photon correlation techniques, X-rays, synchrotron radiation, and FELs is an asset
For additional information, please contact Anders Madsen (firstname.lastname@example.org) .
Working place will be Schenefeld in the Hamburg metropolitan area. General information on working in Germany, the Hamburg area and the European XFEL can be found under www.xfel.eu/careers.
Become part of a vibrant international and multi-cultural team of scientists, engineers, technical and administrative staff. Be involved in cutting edge scientific and technical progress, participate in our international networks, and shape your life upon trust based flexible working times and telecommuting options. Experience our atmosphere of tolerance and respect.
Salary and benefits are similar to those of public service organizations in Germany. In addition European XFEL provides a non-contributory company pension scheme, broad relocation benefits, as well as subsidized job-tickets and meals at our company restaurant. The European XFEL GmbH intends to achieve a widely international staff. Company language is English, non-German candidates hired from abroad receive an international allowance.
This appointment is limited to 3 years and may – subject to a later decision – be prolonged by two years.
01 December 2020
Please apply online and provide a cover letter next to a CV in English, as well as your work certificates in one single pdf-file.
Applicants with disabilities will be given preference over other equally qualified applicants. The European XFEL GmbH is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.
To apply for this job please visit 122.rexx-server.com.