European XFEL is an international non-profit company located in the Hamburg area in Germany. It operates a 3.4 km-long X-ray laser, which produces X-rays of unique quality for studies in physics, chemistry, the life sciences, materials research and other disciplines. The diverse scientific facilities at European XFEL enable scientists from across the globe to carry out a wide range of experimental techniques.
Our HED group is pursuing research to characterize high-density plasma surfaces and sub-surfaces irradiated by high-intensity femtosecond lasers using novel x-ray and optical techniques collaborating with various external partners worldwide.
To complete our HED (High Energy Density) team, we are looking for an
Post-doc Scientist (f/m/d)
- Commissioning of an XUV spectrometer, surface-sensitive optical probing techniques, and on conducting/leading experiments using a grazing-incidence x-ray scattering/diffraction
- Conducting research on high-intensity laser-plasma(solid) interaction physics and subsequent energy transport
- PhD degree in physics or other relevant fields
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experimental skills with high-intensity laser-plasma experiments at solid density
- Ability to lead experiments, analyze, and writing scientific papers and proposals
- Programming skills (in particular Python) and simulation skills (particle-in-cell, hydrodynamic, density functional theory) will be considered as an asset.
- Self-motivated with a good ability to work independently
- Good collaborative skills with people under multicultural environment.
- Good communication skills in English
For additional information, please contact Dr. Motoaki Nakatsutsumi (email@example.com) .
The post-doc research will be conducted within the HED Group of the European XFEL, operating under scientific supervision of Dr. Ulf Zastrau.
Working place will be Schenefeld in the Hamburg metropolitan area. General information on working in Germany, the Hamburg area and the European XFEL can be found under www.xfel.eu/careers.
Become part of a vibrant international and multi-cultural team of scientists, engineers, technical and administrative staff. Be involved in cutting edge scientific and technical progress, participate in our international networks, and shape your life upon trust based flexible working times and telecommuting options. Experience our atmosphere of tolerance and respect.
Salary and benefits are similar to those of public service organizations in Germany. In addition European XFEL provides a non-contributory company pension scheme, broad relocation benefits, as well as subsidized job-tickets and meals at our company restaurant. The European XFEL GmbH intends to achieve a widely international staff. Company language is English, non-German candidates hired from abroad receive an international allowance.
The appointment is limited to 2 years. An extension might be possible and is subject to a later decision.
09 June 2021
Please apply online and provide a cover letter next to a CV in English, as well as your work certificates in one single pdf-file.
Applicants with disabilities will be given preference over other equally qualified applicants The European XFEL GmbH is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.
To apply for this job please visit 122.rexx-server.com.