- Ref.: PDID/EBS/EMD
- Contract type: Time-limited contract
- Salary range: 42k€
- Contract duration: 18 months, renewable for a further 6 to 18-month period
Context & Job description
You will participate in ongoing in-house research programmes, and in the operation of the beamline, including providing support to external users as local contact.
The Electronic Structure, Magnetism and Dynamics Group comprises the following beamlines:
- ID12 – Polarisation-dependent X-ray Spectroscopy (Rogalev@esrf.fr)
- ID20 – X-ray Raman and Resonant Inelastic X-ray Scattering (Christoph.Sahle@esrf.fr)
- ID26 – X-ray absorption and emission spectroscopy (Pieter.Glatzel@esrf.fr)
- ID28 – Inelastic x-ray scattering (Alexei.Bossak@esrf.fr)
- ID32 – Soft X-ray spectroscopy (Brookes@esrf.fr)
We are now hiring post-docs in the fields of physics, chemistry, life science, materials science, earth and environmental sciences.
Further information may be obtained from the scientist in charge of the beamlines.
- PhD in chemistry, physics, or closely related science obtained less than 3 years ago.
- A strong background in X-ray spectroscopy is desirable.
- Ability to interact with multi-disciplinary staff and facility users.
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF).
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc…).
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.