ALBA is the Spanish 3-GeV synchrotron radiation facility operated by the Consortium CELLS, which is equally funded by the Spanish Government (Ministerio de Ciencia, Innovación y Universidades) and the Catalan Government (Generalitat de Catalunya, Departament d’Economia i Coneixement). ALBA is currently operating 8 beamlines, and is expanding its capabilities with the construction of four new beamlines.
The Group of Optics and Metrology participates in the optical and optomechanical design of new beamlines, and provides the necessary services of physical and optical metrology.
The Group of Optics and Metrology runs the Metrology Laboratory of the facility, with the main task of qualifying the optical elements (mirrors, gratings and crystals) of ALBA’s beamlines. Other projects include instrument development, the optical design of new beamlines, and a research program on ultra-precise metrology of optical surfaces. We offer a unique multidisciplinary working environment in a state-of-the-art laboratory equipped with highly advanced experimental tools.
The successful candidate will:
– Participate in the research program of the Metrology Laboratory. This includes projects to improve the current instruments and methods for the metrology of optical surfaces.
– Will participate in projects to develop new X-ray optical instruments, in close collaboration with engineers and scientists.
– Maintain and operate the instruments currently available in the laboratory, as part of the tasks of the laboratory.
The candidate must hold a PhD degree in Physics, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline. And solid education in physical optics, as well as experience in an optical laboratory.
Other assets are:
– Experience with metrology instrumentation such as interferometers or autocollimators.
– Good programming skills, especially Matlab and Python.
– Knowledge of generic data analysis methods and algorithms.
– Good interpersonal skills, adaptability to a multidisciplinary environment, sense of responsibility and capabilities to work in a group.
– The working language at ALBA is English. A good level of English both written and spoken is strictly required. Knowledge of Spanish and/or Catalan is an asset.
The offered job is a postdoctoral contract based on the Spanish Science Law (article 22).
The duration of the contract will be two years with a possible extension of three additional
years (only after positive evaluation of the performances). The contract includes a test period
of 6 months.
Yearly gross salary according to qualification and experience.
The contract includes a test period of six months.
Yearly gross salary of 29,450 €.
To apply for this job please visit intranet.cells.es.