- Job title: Post-doctoral research fellow (m/f) at the nano-analysis beamline ID16B in the X-ray Nanoprobe group
- Contract type: Time-limited contract
- Salary range:45.5 K€ minimum
- Publication start on Front Office : Site internet:14/07/2023
- Contract duration: Time-limited contract
CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
Beamline ID16B is dedicated to hard X-ray nano-analysis, combining X-ray fluorescence (XRF), X-ray absorption spectroscopy (XAS), X-ray excited optical luminescence (XEOL), X-ray diffraction (XRD) and 3D/4D X-ray nano-imaging (nano-CT) techniques. The instrument enables world-leading research across a wide range of scientific disciplines from earth and environmental science to life science and materials science. ID16B is exploiting a wide energy range from 6 to 33 keV while routinely offering beamsizes down to 50 nm. It can accommodate sample environments (furnace, cryostat, electrochemical cells…) providing unique in situ nano-analysis capabilities.
You will pursue your own in-house research program coupling the X-ray nanoprobe with computed tomography and/or spectroscopic techniques available at the beamline, bring in your own field of expertise and collaborate with the ID16B team and its collaborators specifically. You will develop innovative projects using X-ray computed nano-tomography techniques.
You will also support international research in areas with a very large scientific and social impact such as bio-medicine, materials, energy related devices and/or nanotechnology. These disciplines seek for non-destructive and/or in situ investigation of the morphology of complex systems.
Further information may be obtained from Julie Villanova (tel.: +33 (0)4 76 88 23 46; email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- PhD in Energy and Materials science, physics, or related discipline obtained less than 3 years ago
- A strong background in image analysis is required
- Aptitude in programming (Python) is an asset
- Experience in synchrotron radiation experiments is an advantage
- Team player and ability to interact with multi-disciplinary staff and facility users
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
Contract of 18 months, renewable for a further 6 or 18-month period.
Do you recognize yourself in this description? Apply now for your next professional adventure!
What we offer:
- Join an innovative international research institute, with a workforce from 38 different countries
- Collaborate with global experts to advance science and address societal challenges
- Come and live in a vibrant city, in the heart of the Alps, and Europe’s Green Capital 2022
- Enjoy a workplace designed to support your quality of life
- Benefit from our competitive compensation and allowances package, including financial support for your relocation to Grenoble
For further information on employment terms and conditions, please refer to https://www.esrf.fr/home/Jobs/what-we-offer.html
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from disabled persons.
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 21 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.