Website esrfsynchrotron The European Synchrotron (ESRF)
- Ref.: PDID19-1
- Contract type: Time-limited contract
- Salary range: 45.5 K€ minimum
- Contract duration: Time-limited contract
CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
ID19 is a 150 m-long beamline dedicated to high resolution X-ray imaging (radiography and microtomography) using partially coherent hard X-rays. The beamline combines a broad range of experimental setups with intense polychromatic illumination for fast phase contrast X-ray imaging: perfectly suited for in situ studies of materials and engineering devices. You will collaborate with a team of scientists in different fields of materials research and you will develop your own in-house research project. You will give support to the external users of the beamline and participate in the in-house research programmes. In particular, you will be involved in research exploiting the potential of the beamline for dynamics studies (such as laser processing of metals, materials under high strain rates, batteries or geophysics) with highly sensitive phase contrast imaging.
Further information may be obtained from Alexander Rack (tel.: +33 (0)4 76 88 17 81, email: email@example.com)
- PhD in Materials Science, Engineering, Chemistry or Physics obtained less than three years ago
- The ambition to develop your own research projects, from proposals up to publications
- Ability to interact with multi-disciplinary staff and facility users, coordinate activities with internal and external colleagues, and to work as part of a team
- Experience with X-ray imaging techniques (radiography and computed tomography) is useful but not essential
- Hands-on with a strong dedication to experimental work and instrumentation
- Experience with work at a research infrastructure facility and/or in other synchrotron techniques or similar would be a bonus
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
Contract of 18 months, renewable for a further 6 or 18-month period.
Do you recognize yourself in this description? Apply now for your next professional adventure!
What we offer:
- Join an innovative international research institute, with a workforce from 38 different countries
- Collaborate with global experts to advance science and address societal challenges
- Come and live in a vibrant city, in the heart of the Alps, and Europe’s Green Capital 2022
- Enjoy a workplace designed to support your quality of life
- Benefit from our competitive compensation and allowances package, including financial support for your relocation to Grenoble
For further information on employment terms and conditions, please refer to https://www.esrf.fr/home/Jobs/what-we-offer.html
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from disabled persons.
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 21 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.