European XFEL is an international non-profit company located in the Hamburg area in Germany. It operates a 3.4 km-long X-ray laser, which produces X-rays of unique quality for studies in physics, chemistry, the life sciences, materials research and other disciplines. The diverse scientific facilities at European XFEL enable scientists from across the globe to carry out a wide range of experimental techniques.
The Materials Imaging and Dynamics (MID) group at the European XFEL facility is looking for a
Post-doctoral Scientist (f/m/d) for development of refractive X-ray optics
- Take part in development and fabrication of novel refractive X-ray optics (carbon-based materials) for high heat load conditions
- Act as interface between the MID team and collaborators at DESY
- Participate in design, installation, and commissioning of optics at the MID instrument
- Participate and support user experiments (including shift work) at MID
- Contribute to in-house research and scientific publication
- PhD degree in physics, optics or an equivalent qualification
- Hands-on experience with nano fabrication and nano characterization techniques
- Solid knowledge of X-ray optics, wave propagation, and diffraction
- Previous experience with fs laser systems and laser ablation is an asset
- Previous experience using coherent X-rays, synchrotron radiation, and FELs is an asset
For additional information, please contact Dr. Anders Madsen (email@example.com) .
Working place will be Schenefeld in the Hamburg metropolitan area. General information on working in Germany, the Hamburg area and the European XFEL can be found under www.xfel.eu/careers.
Become part of a vibrant international and multi-cultural team of scientists, engineers, technical and administrative staff. Be involved in cutting edge scientific and technical progress, participate in our international networks, and shape your life upon trust based flexible working times and telecommuting options. Experience our atmosphere of tolerance and respect.
Salary and benefits are similar to those of public service organizations in Germany. In addition European XFEL provides a non-contributory company pension scheme, broad relocation benefits, as well as subsidized job-tickets and meals at our company restaurant. The European XFEL GmbH intends to achieve a widely international staff. Company language is English, non-German candidates hired from abroad receive an international allowance.
Reference number: S-369
Duration: This appointment is limited to 3 years.
Deadline: 16 May 2021
Please apply online and provide a cover letter next to a CV in English, a list of publications, as well as your reference letters in one single pdf-file.
Applicants with disabilities will be given preference over other equally qualified applicants The European XFEL GmbH is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.
To apply for this job please visit www.xfel.eu.